This function lets users export metafields data for editing and storing.
After the latest beta update in January 2021, we’ve opened the Import/Export feature and now everyone can have an experience with our advanced function.
- Import/Export metafields function will require credit points to do the job.
- All current users will be rewarded 2000 points. Each point is corresponding to one object. When you reach the limit, it’s able to purchase more with $2 per 1000 credit points.
If you have any trouble while using, don’t hesitate and contact our support team through:
Note: - As you can see, there are 02 main sections in the app: Custom Fields tab and Metafields tab. - If you export a file in the Custom Fields tab, only values created in this tab can be exported. - On the other side, Metafields tab will export all values related to the chosen items.
Step 1: Choose the content you want to export.
- Custom Fields tab/ Metafields tab > Open the resource editor.
- Choose the items to export.
- The number of selected items will show up at the top. You can use the bulk selector to get all items from the current page.
- To keep all chosen items and select all items in another page, press and hold Shift key, click on bulk selection button.
- To pick all items in this resource, click Select all loaded items.
Step 2: After choosing all needed contents, click Export.
An pop-up will show up, check the items quantity again and select the option for:
- Receive export file:
- In the App: You have to wait and keep the tab open for the task to complete and receive the export file. You can also see the progress bar on the pop-up.
- Via email: Task runs in the background and export file will be sent to your email when the progress has completed. You won't be able to see the progress status.
- Both: You can get your export file in both places.
- File type selection:
- Plain CSV file: There are 02 ways to open a CSV file:
1. Open in Excel: May cause some line breaks but basically it won't cause an error.
2. Open in a text reader (Text document or any program can run CSV file)
- Excel file (not available in free plan): Helps users view and edit files easier with clear display.
Step 3: Click the Export button to start exporting the file and wait to get the result.
- If you choose Receive export file in the App, do not close the tab until progress is done.
- A note appears, click Get link to save the file on your computer.
- With the email option, check your mail to save the file.